I GOT YOUR BACK!
HELPFUL TIPS ON SKIN CARE FOR YOUR BACK
It’s winter now, but just around the corner is spring, and we’ll all be dashing around in spaghetti strapped tops soon. I get it every year- a surge of inquiries about what to do about breakouts on the back. Just like about everything in life, the key is, be consistent in your routine. Here are a few pointers on what to do for your back!
- If your skin on your back is broken out, there are treatments we can do to address the acne, and also perform manual extractions to clear the debris from the pore openings that may be contributing to the issue. Sometimes it takes 3-5 treatments, spaced about 3-4 weeks apart to clear up the breakouts. Once you’ve got your back in the clear, maintain your results with an ongoing routine!
- Use a long- handled bath brush, you can purchase at most major retail stores that sell beauty and bath products.
- 2-3 times a week, DRY BRUSH your back, as a matter of fact, go ahead and do your whole body. This is a very healthy thing to do anyways, it helps move lymph and stimulates circulation, plus it has a detoxing effect.
- Don’t press down too hard, just moderate pressure in circular motions. Thoroughly cover the area, and brush for a good minute or two.
- Once you’ve dry brushed, use a wash that helps address bacteria. I like natural organic body washes that are made with teatree oil, I love the fresh scent, and there are no chemical properties that can seep in through your skin. I’m all about trying to be as toxin free as possible!
- Moisturize your body with a non-comonogenic moisturizer, I love coconut oil, but there are many options out there.
- Make sure that if you’re wearing sweaty workout tops, to remove them as soon as possible, and get into the shower. If you can’t get to a shower quickly, bring a clean top, preferably a breathable fabric (bacteria don’t like oxygen, and cotton allows the flow of air through cotton fabric)
- Stay on track with your routine regularly! That’s the key.
Leave A Comment